Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Human Resources is well known for its signature ability to build the very best teams, and we infuse our work with Target’s distinctive retail brand by continuously experimenting, evolving and innovating. With the chance to positively impact nearly 350,000 people worldwide in our stores, distribution centers and headquarters, you’ll be a strategic partner to both the leaders and the team members who elevate and nurture the Target guest experience. Our dynamic, passionate and responsive team comprises specialized people-professionals from several diverse disciplines. We operate behind the scenes to create a progressive culture of value, respect, reward and professional advancement.
A role with Pay and Benefits is all about the numbers. You’ll produce extensive benchmarking, rigorous market research and analysis to inform the right compensation mix for roles across the company. Your point of view will be directly applied keeping Target competitive and standing out in the sea of other places candidates can choose. You’ll develop great relationships with our vendors to get the most out of our systems and resources. And you’ll help team members understand their compensation.
As a Lead Compensation Consultant you will consult with clients to execute, develop and implement pay programs and related components. You will lead key compensation programs supporting our store and supply chain pyramids. You will provide consulting to senior management on compensation guidelines and provide advice in individual circumstances. Other responsibilities include:
- Advise and support the overall Target compensation philosophy through process and project work
- Measure the effectiveness of programs to ensure organizational objectives are being met
- Recommend new practices and policies to support goals, objectives and business strategies
- Partner with Finance, Legal and HR to ensure programs are compliant
- Recommend programs and systems that recognize and incent performance, as well as retain team members.
- Conduct market research/analysis to determine or support changes in current pay plans/programs to remain competitive in our markets and ensure internal consistency.
- Evaluate positions for external market competitiveness and internal equity. Ensure the consistent execution of our processes in conjunction with other Business Partners, Human Resources Managers, Store and Distribution Center Human Resource teams
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of human resources experience; previous HRBP experience preferred
- Stores or Distribution experience preferred
- Ability to analyze data trends and translate into business opportunities
- Project management skills
- Effective critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to consult with and advise the business through strong business acumen and presence
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Influencing and interacting with senior level leaders
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.