The next great shift in consumer behavior driven by technological disruption is underway, and it’s happening in the food & beverage industry.
As other sectors have shifted to eCommerce-first business models in recent years, food & beverage has continued to rely predominantly on traditional brick & mortar models, but this is changing rapidly. New technologies are transforming every aspect of reaching consumers, from the rise of digital marketing and online grocery platforms, to the creation of supply chain tools that enable speedy at-home delivery. According to the Food Marketing Institute, 70% of U.S. consumers will shop online for groceries by 2024, with an estimated annual spend of $100 billion.
To deepen our efforts to seize this opportunity and lead the food & beverage industry into its remarkable next chapter, PepsiCo – a global company with powerhouse brands including Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker, and Tropicana – is expanding its Global eCommerce Team. We’re looking for the greatest minds in software engineering, data & analytics, machine learning and next-generation supply chain. Given PepsiCo’s incredible reach (our foods and beverages are enjoyed more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories, leveraging a value chain involving diverse partners ranging from farmers and food scientists to retailers and logistics specialists), the challenges we’re addressing are complex and the solutions will be deeply impactful.
Although PepsiCo is a large multinational, the PepsiCo Global eCommerce Team prides itself on having the entrepreneurial, action-oriented culture of an exciting startup business. Our group includes startup founders, Silicon Valley veterans, food & beverage experts, and seasoned executives from digital transformation leaders such as Amazon and Walmart. Our goal is to build the technological products and capabilities that will reinvent our industry and make us the #1 food & beverage business in eCommerce for decades to come.
We're looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing engineering team and assist us in driving product initiatives forward, while upholding our high engineering standards.
- Build, Scale & Support Pepsico eCommerce infrastructure build on AWS with various services and applications in Erlang / Elixir, Python, Java etc.
- Develop and improve our CI / CD pipelines that enforce proper versioning and branching practices using various technologies such as Argo CI/CD, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform
- Ensure site reliability, security and availability, including end-to-end performance, service monitoring, alerting, capacity sizing and planning, optimizing compute resources for various projects, while maintaining target SLAs
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the engineering team to streamline code deployment.
- Manage Role-based Access Control for various infra tools including AWS, Snowflake etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other STEM-related area.
- 4+ years’ experience as an Infrastructure/GitOps/DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering field.
- Proficient with Kubernetes, Docker & container orchestration.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration and scripting (shell scripting, Perl, python, ruby etc).
- At least 2+ years in managing cloud infrastructures such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Expert in CI / CD and other DevOps tools (Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Argo etc).
- Experience in monitoring tools such as Graphana, Datadog, New Relic, CloudWatch, Nagios etc.
- Experience in the network, server, DNS and load balancers.
- Experience in working with database technologies such as SQL / no-SQL, database scalability and availability with PostgreSQL, Redshift, Redis, Snowflake etc.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership that can operate independently to achieve timely results.
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law&EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement