New York, New York, US, 10022
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
The Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) team focuses on growing the NBA League Pass business globally by using data-driven insights and decision making. The group works dynamically within a matrix organization to align efforts across Marketing, Product, Finance, Strategy, Analytics and Partnerships, among others!
The Direct-To-Consumer Data Quality and Operations Lead will play a key role in optimizing the access, structure and distribution of data specific to the NBA's high-growth, global subscription business line. This role's main objective will be to ensure that key partners across the direct-to-consumer business have the data vital to provide strategic analysis, forecasting and modelling, and reporting on product performance and growth initiatives. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently and multi-functionally under tight deadlines, all while maintaining composure in the face of evolving business challenges in a fast-paced environment. This position reports to the Director, DTC Strategy and Planning.
- Maintain underlying infrastructure and logic of data systems specific to the direct-to-consumer business to ensure data fidelity
- Work with relevant parties across IT, Data, and Product teams to ensure proper and accurate ingestion of new data sources to into the ecosystem
- Serve as the specialist on all matters related to the flow, accessibility, and integration surrounding data for a global subscription business
- Lead the process of identifying opportunities to improve data access for direct-to-consumer team members through the development of dashboards and business intelligence tools
- Define logic for how critical metrics are tracked and reported while being sure to account for multiple sources of data flowing into a single data repository
- Evaluate large datasets, address and resolve reconcilable discrepancies through daily data analysis, find opportunities for continuous data improvement
- Manage in-house tools to track database integrity/accuracy in order to maintain the quality of the customer database daily
- Provide regular QA and analysis of data systems to maintain data and reporting consistency
- Serve as liaison between NBA and third parties to provide fast and secure access to relevant data for analysis
- Enforce quality assurance guidelines, control standards, and coordinate tactical day-to-day data management activities
- Present updates, changes, and fixes to key partners on a regular or as-needed basis
- Minimum 5 years prior work experience, preferably with experience at a leading media, technology or content company
- Proficient in writing queries for accessing databases through programs such as SQL and other recognized data analysis tools
- Experience developing and managing the development of business intelligence tools a plus (e.g., Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of product content data a plus
- Strong mathematical and problems solving skills with a keen eye for identifying trends and data anomalies
- Experience working and presenting between multiple teams within a matrix organization
- Experience working with third party data feeds, including but not limited to Apple and Google app stores
- Understanding of web and mobile technologies preferred
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Word applications
- Demonstrated superb communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and follow process with great detail and accuracy
Bachelor's degree required
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Database, Operations Manager, Quality Assurance, SQL, Technology, Operations