New York, New York, US, 10022
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
The Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) team focuses on growing the NBA League Pass business globally by using data-driven insights and decision making. The group works dynamically within a matrix organization to align efforts across Marketing, Product, Finance, Strategy, Analytics and Partnerships, among others!
In this role, you will help drive the retention efforts for the NBA's Direct-to-Consumer product, NBA League Pass. You will be responsible for conducting analyses and generating insights related to our subscribers, driving strategic partnerships with external parties, and developing / executing retention focused strategies with cross-functional teams to ultimately deliver a world-class experience for our League Pass subscriber.
The ideal candidate will have experience in product strategy with a strong interest in and preferably some experience in customer retention at a subscription business. In addition to customer retention experience, the candidate should be technically proficient with the ability to establish, track and communicate critical metrics unilaterally to all business partners.
- Research and become extremely familiar with engagement & retention standard methodologies from other subscription providers in the industry
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses around impact of certain engagement measures within the customer journey (acquisition, onboarding, active, saves & winback) on League Pass retention rate
- Create and manage retention focused analyses and dashboards that provide insight
- Become familiar in and own key engagement & retention metrics
- Assess Voice of Customer surveys to gather key insights to help inform retention roadmap
- Partner with functional stakeholders to drive execution of key efforts to save customers throughout the customer journey
- Ideate new customer retention strategies with the input of quantitative & qualitative insights
- Communicate key findings, progress and updates unilaterally across departments and regional team members
- Become proficient in new technologies, vendors and platforms sought at growing retention (credit card auto-updaters, user engagement tools, etc.)
- Minimum 4 years prior experience, preferably with experience in product strategy at a premiere subscription, technology or content company
- Experience researching and analyzing data & insights from different sources and connecting the dots to help inform business decision making
- Proven track record in managing multiple projects, setting priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Highly analytical with programming experience with SQL and data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and MS Word applications
- Demonstrated excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a global, matrix organization
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams to execute on goals
- Ability to work independently and follow process with strong attention to detail and accuracy
Bachelor's degree required
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Database, SQL, Technology