Secaucus, New Jersey, US, 07094
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball! Through the intensity of the game and the outstanding athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Digital Media's mission is to bring the world courtside by providing the NBA experience for everyone, everywhere. The department creates and manages digital products that extend the league's global reach, from mobile applications to virtual reality experiences. The NBA is the most popular sports league on social media, and the Digital Media team manages all of the league's social platforms. Globally the Digital Media team also delivers live games and exclusive content through NBA League Pass directly to fans on the web, mobile, and connected devices, and develops strategies for distributing content with our global regional offices and partners. The department also works with NBA Digital in the U.S. (a joint venture between the NBA and Turner Sports) to manage and present best-in-class websites and digital products for the NBA, WNBA, NBA G League and all teams across the three leagues.
The Project Manager has day-to-day responsibility for coordinating the management of complex software development and business programs/projects to completion. You will coordinate and lead the activities of multiple cross-functional teams to complete projects that support the business strategy and objectives. This position is responsible for managing and organizing resources, tasks, budgets, and deliverables so that projects are completed within the defined scope, quality, time and cost constraints. This resource can manage multiple projects at once and adhere to standard project management methodologies. Strong organizational and communication skills are required.
- Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans
- Build processes to discover, define and identify the team's assignments
- Work with the project sponsor and stakeholders to complete project charter outlining scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing
- Create and update project plans, WBS and supporting schedules for multiple projects
- Identify Project Milestones and adhere to Project Timelines in an Agile environment
- Ability to manage Technical and Business Leads during the project
- Assign/reassign tasks as needed to project team members to ensure they are adequately leveraged and held accountable for their deliverables throughout the project.
- Manage business sponsor expectations through regular, consistent and transparent communication throughout the project.
- Oversees all project activities on a day-to-day basis to ensure on-time completion of planned tasks
- Resolves project issues through direct action or escalation when necessary
- Effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical users and produce project documentation.
- Recognize scope limitations and raise potential scope issues.
- Identify Risks (before they happen) and identify appropriate mitigation plans.
- Provide weekly status updates to the senior management and project team members.
- Provide regular and accurate assessments of Project Progress to Stakeholders and SteeringCommittee
- Manage and oversee vendor relationships including 3rd-party implementation teams
- Facilitate User Acceptance Testing with the stakeholders and the business users.
- 3-5years of experience in a program/project management role focused on digital experiences (mobile, web, video, commerce/subscription)
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Willingness and ability to engage with stakeholders (including senior executives) and communicate insights in a flexible, professional manner
- Must be comfortable navigating complex, matrix-shaped organizations and be persuasive and empathetic to a wide range of diverse, cross-cultural audiences
- Experience working with premium and/or subscription products direct-to-consumer preferred
- Technology-savvy with a deep understanding of evolving media and content landscape and trends
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Knowledge of basketball and a passion for the NBA and sports
- Bachelor's degree preferred
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Project Manager, Manager, Marketing Manager, Testing, Technology, Management, Marketing