New York, New York, US, 10022
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
This position will lead marketing partner management for the NBA G League. The incumbent will lead relationship management with Global Partnerships, by working closely with all existing marketing partner account teams. He/she will be responsible for managing partner relationships, maximizing league exposure via partner activations, as well as prospecting of upsell/new business opportunities. Additionally, she/he is responsible for communicating with internal partnership account managers, providing updates to relevant parties, and collaborating across departments that relate to partnership management for new opportunities.
- Extract maximum value of league partnership by creatively thinking of new ways to activate with sponsors and drive additional revenue
- Work with G League basketball and business teams to ideate on new partner opportunities
- Manage the day-to-day elements of the G League's partnership with entitlement sponsor Gatorade
- Work with account management teams on negotiations of G League terms
- Understand the G League's assets, offerings, services and internal processes needed to better serve league partnerships
- Become fluent with all areas of the G League partnerships and new business outreach: research and evaluate prospective partners, support GP Business Development and New Business team with deal memo and contracting process
- Benchmark and track KPIs
- Maintain success metrics for evaluating licensing partnerships
- Be proactive and resourceful; solve any issues that might arise with tact and diplomacy
- Understand marketplace trends, new products/technologies and consumer behavior to spot additional partner opportunities and activations
- 4-6 years of experience working in an account management or corporate partnerships capacity
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a global, matrix organization
- Proven track record in managing multiple projects, setting priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Proven track record in deal negotiations and partner upselling
- Understanding of media rights landscape is preferred
- Experience in professional sports organizations preferred
Bachelor's Degree Required
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Manager, Business Development, Marketing Manager, Relationship Manager, Marketing, Management, Sales, Customer Service