Are you excited about machine learning? Want to contribute to a more sustainable future? Myst is a startup that uses artificial intelligence to help energy companies better predict the future, to increase renewable energy adoption and reduce carbon emissions. We are building a platform that helps companies to create highly accurate forecasts at unprecedented scale.
We recently closed our Series A round from two top Silicon Valley VCs. We are now looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team of eight in San Francisco. You’ll be joining a group of people committed to positive environmental impact from a wide set of backgrounds, ranging from academia and nonprofits to technology companies like Google, Apple, and Nest.
Who are we looking for?
As a Senior Software Engineer you’ll play a key role in our software development team. This includes contributing to our software product, driving our technology roadmap, and being a strong advocate for product excellence. We’re looking for someone full time with at least three years of experience in a world-class software engineering environment and a proven record of being an effective collaborator.
Some of the best people we’ve worked with did not follow conventional paths. We’re also aware that women and other historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job if they don’t believe they meet all of the criteria. If you think you’re a good fit, even if you don’t meet the exact qualifications below, please reach out to us. We’d love to hear from you.
What might you be working on?
- Backend development of machine learning pipelines (data sourcing/cleaning, systematic model experimentation/evaluation, model training/prediction)
- Backend development of our APIs and client libraries
- Backend optimization of time series and relational databases
- Frontend development of forecast visualizations, metrics, and a model-building platform
- Scaling our backend infrastructure using container orchestration
- Improving tooling for automated monitoring, alerting, and integration testing
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a software engineering environment
- Extensive experience in three of the following fields: web application development, API development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, database design, networking, large software platforms, data security, or development operations
- M.S. degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or similar technical field of study
- More than 5 years of work experience in a software engineering environment
- Proven track record of shipping commercially successful software platforms and/or best-in-class technologies
- Experience with building SaaS products with a focus on providing data insights that have scaled to many hundreds of customers
- Deep understanding of state-of-the-art machine learning techniques such as gradient tree boosting, recurrent neural networks (LSTM), autoregressive neural networks
We are passionate about Myst because we use state-of-the-art technology to increase renewable energy adoption and reduce emissions and waste. We work with a dozen leading energy companies in Europe and North America, often helping them save millions of dollars a year while reducing their carbon emissions.
We are committed to creating a culture in which people can be themselves and we strongly believe in building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team. Myst offers a competitive salary, stock options, and benefits. In addition, we provide new hires the ability to choose between different risk/reward trade offs (i.e. combinations of stock and salary).