Are you excited about machine learning? Want to contribute to a more sustainable future? Myst is a startup that uses artificial intelligence to help energy companies better predict the future, increase renewable energy adoption and reduce carbon emissions. We are building a platform that helps companies create highly accurate forecasts at unprecedented scale.
We recently closed our Series A round from two top Silicon Valley VCs. We are now looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team of eight in San Francisco. You’ll be joining a group of people committed to positive environmental impact from a wide set of backgrounds, ranging from academia and nonprofits to technology companies like Google, Apple, and Nest.
Who are we looking for?
As a Business Development Manager your goal is to grow the number of electricity companies Myst serves. You will work directly with Myst’s co-founders. For this role, we are looking for someone full time with business development experience and a track record of interacting with executives at electricity companies, such as electric utilities, retail energy providers, and renewable asset owners.
Some of the best people we’ve worked with did not follow conventional paths. We’re also aware that women and other historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job if they don’t believe they meet all of the criteria. If you think you’re a good fit, even if you don’t meet the exact qualifications below, please reach out to us. We’d love to hear from you.
What might you be working on?
- Develop business development strategy and identify contacts in priority segments
- Lead and close deals with executives at energy companies
- Develop value calculations for prospective customers, identifying priority use cases and calculating expected value based on wholesale market data
- Contribute to sales and marketing materials, such as case studies and email campaigns
- Manage existing partnerships and explore new partnerships with Myst’s data providers
- Deep interest in and understanding of the power industry and electricity markets, with the ability to lead work with energy company executives
- Three years of full-time experience in an analytical role leading interactions with senior executives, and at least two years of business development experience (can be concurrent)
- Ability to independently conduct complex quantitative analyses and package these as customer-facing materials
- Highly organized and process-focused with the persistence to follow through and the resourcefulness to always find a path forward
We are passionate about Myst because we use state-of-the-art technology to accelerate the renewable energy transition. We work with a dozen energy companies in Europe and North America, often helping them save millions of dollars a year while reducing their carbon emissions.
We are committed to creating a culture in which people can be themselves, and we strongly believe in building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team. Myst offers a competitive salary, stock options, and benefits. In addition, we provide new hires the ability to choose between different risk/reward trade offs (i.e., combinations of stock and salary).