Microsoft's Hardware teams ship tens of millions of hardware products every year, including the Xbox hardware, Surface, HoloLens, and accessories and the Cloud Platforms that power our global datacenters. And better yet? Microsoft's Hardware teams are growing!
Do you want to work on a meaningful, impactful project and make a difference? Are you willing to learn from others and open to new ideas? Do you want to support others to succeed and operate in a highly collaborative and global environment? If this sounds like you, Microsoft would like to invite you to come join us as you are, where you can find more than just a job. Read on to learn more about opportunities and apply online!
Applications to this opportunity are considered for Mechanical Engineering intern roles. To be considered for an internship position, you need to be enrolled as a student majoring in an applicable field.
Mechanical Engineer interns design and manufacture some of the most popular entertainment and PC peripheral devices in the world. We have internships in a wide range of areas including system integration, precision design, industrial design, user experience, heat transfer, mechanisms, manufacturing, and product testing. Our teams incubate advanced technologies, including new PC form factors, input devices, and hand-held consumer devices, and next generation of cloud infrastructure hardware. We're looking for the best and brightest to join us in designing for the future!
- Pursuing an undergraduate or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering field with at least one semester/quarter remaining after internship.
- At least one year of classroom or internship experience in product development preferred.
- Ability to design Mechanical parts using 3D CAD Software and be passionate about concept explorations and technology investigations.
- Excellent debugging skills and drive to develop innovative hardware.
- Ability to understand, contribute to and improve the hardware solutions we develop.
- Ability to drive collaborative efforts effectively across multiple disciplines.
- Ability to think strategically, be creative and innovate ways to communicate and visualize user experiences.
- Results-driven with a strong attention to detail and technical problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.