As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
- 100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
- Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
- Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
- Yoga & Wellness Activities
- Happy Hours
- Company Events
- Dog Friendly
We’re currently looking for a passionate and accomplished Senior Game Designer with a passion for using quantitative and qualitative insights to drive the design for a free-to-play mobile puzzle game, targeted at a casual market, for iOS & Android platforms. In addition to owning the overall design, you will be expected to design major features and mechanics, support level design, communicate requirements to the larger team, manage a team of designers, create and review design documentation, regularly play builds, and provide clear actionable feedback. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the top creative and analytical talent in the industry to develop, launch, and improve mobile games with both original and well-loved IPs. If you aren’t afraid of innovation, this role is for you.
- Transform your ideas into detailed and well thought out designs, clearly communicated with high-quality documentation, wireframes, flows, and spreadsheets.
- Make creative decisions that matter and have consequences. As a senior and experienced colleague, you will be trusted and empowered to make the right design decisions for the customer.
- Propose engaging and creative gameplay features that will improve user experience, engagement, and monetization.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team to create and drive the implementation of in-game events and other game features from concept to completion.
- Synthesize key performance indicators, user testing, and internal feedback to recommend design solutions and modify the game mechanics accordingly.
- Manage the careers and performance of several other designers on the team.
- Work directly with engineers, artists and product managers throughout the lifecycle of owned features to ensure they are of the highest quality.
- Stay current with and deconstruct game design trends, patterns, and consumer preferences.
- Be a team player - everyone contributes ideas and we are a collaborative, supportive, results-focused, ego-free group.
- 5-7+ years of experience in mobile free-to-play game design, including at least 2 years on a game in live-ops.
- Experience creating and owning features designed to appeal to a casual audience.
- Expert specs, wireframes, flows, and feature documentation for a live game.
- Strong systems design and game tuning for free-to-play games.
- Strong understanding of virtual goods, game monetization concepts and KPIs for live games.
- Expert knowledge of the free-to-play market, and it’s past and current trends.
- Experience mentoring or managing other designers.
- Ability to work as part of a large, fast-paced team in sprints.
- Ability to collaborate with other members of the design team.
NICE TO HAVE
- Passion for the puzzle/casual genre.
- Experience with both original and IP game development.
- Previous design experience on a top 50 grossing game.
- Familiarity with scripting languages or other technical skills related to game development.
- Experience with Tableau, Adobe XD, ProtoPie, JIRA, and Google Docs/Sheet/Slides.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.