- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience working as a Technical Sales Engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including working as a member of a Professional Services or Systems Engineering team).
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
- Experience in, and understanding of, data and information management, as it relates to Big Data trends and issues within businesses. Knowledge of Map Reduce, Hadoop, Spark, Flume, Hive, Impala, Spark SQL, BigQuery.
- Experience with Big Data, PaaS, and IaaS technologies. Experience architecting and developing software for scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience in web application development and integration. Experience with software development platforms and solutions.
- Knowledge of Linux, Web 2.0 development platforms, solutions, and related technologies. Understanding of DNS, TCP, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, DMZ, Load Balancing, VPN, VPC.
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
As a Sales Engineer Specialist for Google Cloud Platform (GCP), you'll work with a Sales team to identify and qualify Platform opportunities through a formal sales process. You will conduct full technical discovery, identifying pain points, business and technical requirements, “as is” and “to be” scenarios and help architect client solutions to meet gathered requirements.
In this role you will take full responsibility for the technical aspects of the sales cycle, including general teaching, introductory meetings, supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional supporting technical resources. You'll identify and handle key customer technical objections, guiding them to success.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers and developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Use your technical expertise to help a client determine if Google Cloud Platform is right for them.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud Platform value proposition and unique differentiators, using whiteboarding, slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and RFI (Request for Information) response documents.
- Work hands-on with Google Cloud Platform products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution, providing “best practice” advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud Platform effectiveness.