- 5 years of professional software development experience or 1 year with an advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering.
- Experience architecting and developing distributed systems design.
- Experience with TCP/IP and network programming.
- Experience with database internals, database language theories, database design, SQL, and database programming.
- Understanding of technologies such as virtualization and global infrastructure, load balancing, networking, massive data storage, Hadoop, MapReduce, and security.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on everything from the core platform to helping redefine the systems that allow applications and services to provide useful information to users around the globe. From our Data Center software groups to Google's Cloud Platform, Gmail to YouTube, our infrastructure engineers work with the vast scale of a ubiquitous system, its products, and services and revolutionize industry leading technologies.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Help build platforms, systems, and infrastructure using knowledge of distributed systems and large-scale storage systems.
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.