We believe shopping should be simple and exciting and empower people to see the best version of themselves. We have started off with the eyewear industry and are changing an old-school, overwhelming, clinical, boring experience into a delightful one where customers feel great about themselves and their purchase.
Computer vision and machine learning power our industry-leading augmented reality virtual try-on, facial analysis, and frame recommendation engine. We license this technology platform to eyewear retailers who embed it into their web, mobile, and in-store experiences to fundamentally shift how they sell eyewear. We have a great foundation. Our technology is being used by over 10M users a month around the world, and we have strong partnerships with some of the world’s top eyewear retailers.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a focus in Rendering/Graphics to scale our virtual try-on SaaS platform. This includes design and architecture to improve throughput, efficiencies, and fidelity of our computer vision and rendering pipeline. The ideal candidate is experienced with ray tracing and global illumination as well as rasterization in both server based and client side applications. You will be a member of a highly-motivated team. This role will develop, enhance, and sustain innovative solutions to improve the customer experience. You will implement complex software in accordance with project requirements, technical designs, and industry best practices. You will also review designs and participate in meaningful collaboration sessions on how to solve client problems and participate in determining the scope for new projects.
What you'll do:
- Work with Engineering, Research, and DevOps team to scale our AR virtual try-on platform
- Architect, write, debug, and refine our next generation rendering pipeline in support of our growing business
- Collaborate and mentor team members
- 3+ years of experience in the role of Graphics Engineer/Rendering Engineer
- 6+ years experience in software engineering and development
- Strong knowledge of C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques
- Thorough understanding of 3D math including linear algebra
- Expertise in GPU Hardware architecture, shading language, and global illumination
- Experience with one or more of industry standard graphics API’s (OpenGL, Vulkan, Metal, Cuda, Etc.)
- Proven ability to diagnose and fix performance issues related to memory/disk footprint, frame rate, and network bandwidth
- Understanding of Linux, Python, and shell scripting
- Familiarity with AWS and other cloud platforms
- Interested in computer vision, augmented reality, and rendering systems
- Strong technical communication skills
- Bachelor’s or higher degree, or the equivalent, in Computer Science or related field. (Ditto recognizes that knowledge and skills equivalent to those earned in a degree program can also be achieved via nontraditional paths, and welcomes applicants with nontraditional training.)
Ditto is a post-Series B, venture-backed technology company with 50 wonderful full-time employees. We are based in the Bay Area and are shifting towards remote working in light of a growing global client base and Covid-19.
We provide a unique opportunity to work alongside a talented team of software engineers, business leaders, creatives, physicists and researchers to bring state of the art computer vision/machine learning technologies to market at scale.
We celebrate what makes us each unique and believe that when experienced people of diverse talents, backgrounds and opinions are inspired to come together, greatness occurs. We are built on trust which combines being authentic, credible and reliable. We love passionate people with a zest for life and an adaptable, positive attitude. We have high expectations for hard-work and give a lot of flexibility to take time for the other things that are important to you.
We enable team members to work remotely or from our amazing office space at the 19th Street BART stop in Oakland, CA if you are local. We have all the perks you would expect from a great start-up: competitive salary, meaningful equity as an early employee, medical, dental, unlimited PTO, and a 401K. We care a lot about doing the little things well and work hard to build a strong team culture. Since moving to remote work this year, we have translated the team activities into online happy hours, trivia, Zoom pictionary and are trying to be creative to build strong relationships amongst remote team members. Post Covid, we plan to get the whole team together twice a year and support smaller group meetings in person where they make sense.