Are you passionate about AI and its potential to help people make better decisions? Do you dream of building algorithms that understand underlying relationships among data sets? Are you interested in applying machine learning to novel business challenges?
If you answered YES! to these questions, come and join our team NOW, we NEED you!
As a Senior Data Scientist at Deloitte, you will be helping to bring large quantities of data to life, revealing anomalies in complex data patterns and by offering deep causal insights to better support decision-making.
You will be joining a growing team of talented professionals dedicated to bringing to reality Deloitte’s vision of Cognitive Digital Audit by designing, building and maintaining cutting-edge applications that improve the efficiency and quality of our audit services.
You will be leveraging the most advanced technologies in machine learning, natural language processing, time-series modeling and reinforcement learning to lead audit into the future of business and technology innovation.
Our Audit Transformation organization is rapidly expanding and needs brilliant data scientists like you to drive our continuing innovation and growth. If you’re intellectually curious, hardworking and solution-oriented, you’ll fit right into our fast-paced, collaborative environment, and along the way, you’ll find exceptional development opportunities limited only by your hunger for learning and applying new technologies in our exciting, start-up-like environment. You will be both sharing your expertise with other professionals, and coaching and mentoring data scientists and interns, to accelerate the development of their data intuition and knowledge in Artificial Intelligence.
What you will be doing
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be tasked with solving data problems end to end, by collaborating very closely with our practitioners. This means:
- Having and growing a deep understanding of the problem space and of our business needs.
- Having a profound understanding of the state of the art of a multitude of fields in Artificial Intelligence, including and not limited to NLP, probabilistic graphical models, time-series analysis, and weak supervised learning, among others.
- Performing exploratory data analysis to understand relationships, and opportunities to influence outcomes, while being able to quickly iterate over common feature transformation and model types in order to find the best predictive models
- Being well versed in interpreting and explaining the intuition behind the exhibited behaviors and performance of the adopted models
- Developing proofs of concept to verify your ideas, including counterfactual explanations for interpretability
- Closing the loop to make sure that the proposed solution is performing as it should and is correctly understood
- Working closely with business representatives
Because this is a senior role, we are looking for candidates that have an established track record and network in the Artificial Intelligence community, can carry out research in an autonomous fashion, and who can interact closely with key stakeholders with varying levels of machine learning experience.
Our audits are fueled by more than just technology – what really sets us apart are our insightful professionals, collaborative culture, and commitment to innovation and continuous improvement. Our audit professionals apply a streamlined, intelligent approach to the audit, enabled by innovative tools and technologies. Quality is our top priority, and by focusing on innovation, we continue to raise the bar on quality and deliver greater value to our clients. Learn more about Deloitte Audit.
- PhD in a quantitative field (computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, machine learning, statistics)
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in advanced technology industry with know-how in Python, R, Weka, Matlab, Tensorflow, Pytorch, Pyro, and big data platforms.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in data analytics, data modeling and data sciences
- Minimum six (6) years of experience being the technical lead for multiple project teams simultaneously.
- Ability to travel when necessary
- Prior scientific publication history. Outstanding academic track record as evidenced by top tier publications.
- Strong algorithm development experience
- Skills with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language
- Profound mathematical background combined with a strong intuition on how to transform theoretical ideas into products
- Strong competency for statistical software packages (SAS, SPSS, MATLAB)
- Solid understanding of advanced analytics (statistics, simulation, optimization, etc.)
- Modeling expertise using statistical techniques such as logistic and linear regression, decision trees, neural network or clustering techniques
- Strong project management and delivery experience, including budget oversight and staffing of project teams including time management
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel)
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule including overtime
- Previous experience mentoring, training and developing junior members of the team; experience in employee performance reviews
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.