commercetools is a next-generation software technology company that offers a true cloud commerce platform, providing the building blocks for the new digital commerce age. Our leading-edge API approach helps retailers create brand value by empowering commerce teams to design unique and engaging digital commerce experiences everywhere – today and in the future. Our agile, componentized architecture improves profitability by significantly reducing development time and resources required to migrate to modern commerce technology and meet new customer demands. It is the perfect starting point for customized microservices.
commercetools just received a 145M investment by Insight Partners. A major part of the investment is growing the North American market, commercetools highest rate of growth market. We will be doubling the employee count in the US over the next 12 months.
Interested in providing technical thought leadership with an eye towards innovation and perspective on how and when new technology should be adopted by our partners and clients? commercetools is currently hiring a Solution Architect to serve as senior functional and technical solution expert on our products supporting partner engagements and pre-sales in North America. This position will interface directly with our clients and partners to understand their business needs & technical landscape and assist our partners in architecting the appropriate solution. The Solution Architect is responsible for providing senior leadership to our partners and clients across the region as well as to our own technical staff tasked with supporting partner engagements.
- Be a commercetools expert, fully understanding the technology and implementation approaches, so you are prepared to help colleagues, clients, and development partners.
- Regularly conduct workshops to new customers and partners to kick-start their commerce projects and ensure success. These workshops are typically in-person and will require travel.
- Provide ongoing guidance to development partners, CTOs, CIOs, and Solution Architects of client organizations to build out their commerce platform. This typically includes migrating from a legacy system to an event-based, cloud hosted, API-driven approach.
- Answer questions quickly during meetings or white-boarding sessions and fully digest requirements to build a well-thought out solution. Most importantly, understanding when a quick answer is acceptable versus when a more thoughtful approach is needed.
- Become a jack of all trades on everything from devops, to cloud architecture, to best coding practices, in order to define the full implementation and jump in where necessary.
- Take the opportunity to spearhead open-source initiatives and internal projects to improve the company and ecosystem.
- At times, be ready to troubleshoot specific issues and challenges to support the team, including analyzing logs, reviewing code, analyzing overall solutions to determine a better approach.
- Report directly to the Managing Director of North America, working together with the full team of Architects and Programmers to grow the business and ensure success for all commercetools customers.
SKILLS + QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and at least 10 years of professional experience.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of ecommerce, omnichannel commerce, and retail processes, systems, and functions.
- Deep understanding of current cloud offerings and the ability to design an effective architecture dependent on unique and complex requirements.
- Strong communication skills from verbal conversations, emails, technical documents, system diagrams, and UML.
- Experience with enterprise-level commerce platforms, Enterprise Resource Planning, Content Management Systems, Order Management Systems, and Identity Management.
- A desire to work with a diverse global team.
- A passion for technology and building forward-thinking advanced systems and software.
NICE TO HAVE
- Ability to write and debug code in common languages (NodeJS and Java are most prevalent).
- Experience with GraphQL, including how it compares to REST APIs.
- Understanding of database options (DocumentDB, SQL, Key-Value), how they fit into a full commerce solution, and how to determine the best fit based on the business requirements.
- Knowledge of OAuth specifications and data flow.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% coverage of the employee's health care, vision, and dental insurance
- Company contribution towards dependent coverage
- 401k (retirement savings)
- Maternity/paternity leave
- PTO and Company Holidays
- Some pre-tax benefits through the PEO
- Great team of highly qualified and motivated team members who work with mutual respect and appreciation, take responsibility and evolve together
AND THERE’S MORE
- You will be involved in challenging and meaningful projects in a company with over 10 years of history
- You will be working with one of the technology leaders in the growing e-commerce business
- We are a growing, international company with offices in Berlin, Munich, London, Amsterdam, Singapore, and Durham
- Modern workplaces and technology (e.g. MacBooks) in bright offices (open-plan spaces as well as conference rooms and smaller rooms for quiet times)
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours
- A collegial, open working atmosphere where your creativity and new ideas are encouraged
- Healthy feedback and error culture and a climate of mutual appreciation and respect.
- Free water, coffee, tea, snacks
- Do you have a dog? We're a dog-friendly office.
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
At commercetools, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
At commercetools, we hope to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people choose to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing modern principles to ecommerce through both technology and company culture. We know success comes from the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Are you ready? Come grow with us!