commercetools is a next-generation software technology company that offers a true cloud commerce platform, providing the building blocks for the new digital commerce age. Our leading-edge API approach helps retailers create brand value by empowering commerce teams to design unique and engaging digital commerce experiences everywhere – today and in the future. Our agile, componentized architecture improves profitability by significantly reducing development time and resources required to migrate to modern commerce technology and meet new customer demands. It is the perfect starting point for customized microservices.
commercetools just received a 145M investment by Insight Partners. A major part of the investment is growing the North American market, commercetools highest rate of growth market. We will be doubling the employee count in the US over the next 12 months.
SITE RELIBITY ENGINEER
Automate the automation - with passion and quality. In our SRE world, you have access regardless of where the software runs. It's your task to design this world, where not only features get shipped faster, but also issues are avoided proactively. You are responsive to business demands and eager to choose the right tools and technology - because "milliseconds matter". Join our US team and work together with smart colleagues from Germany and Asia!
- Scaling our platform and being responsible for its availability
- Designing and implementation of a reactive cloud architecture as well as improving our continuous deployment chain
- Minimize incident impacts by being informed upfront with monitoring, logs and metrics and having an eye on IT standards and security
- Taking part in on-call rotation (with the worldwide distributed team) for production systems
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Five years’ experience as Systems Engineer and Software Engineer (DevOps culture) in an international team
- Strong Linux skills and excellent skills in one major programming language (Golang, Python, Java/Scala would be great - mainly because we use the first two most of the time, and the other two are fine since our backend is JVM based)
- Strong grasp of Kubernetes, Helm, and Docker fundamentals
- Experience managing AWS and Google Cloud infrastructure using Terraform
- MongoDb and ElasticSearch operational experience
- Experience with Configuration Management tools like Puppet, or Ansible
- Understanding of CI/CD and experience with one of the major cloud providers, as well as orchestration and cluster management experience; Infrastructure-as-Code mentality
- Experience with central logging (ELK stack) and monitoring systems (we use Prometheus)
- Mentality to share and the aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new things
- Fluent English to work in an international, cross-functional team
- Great team player & reliable colleague
NICE TO HAVE:
- RackSpace Cloud Services, Managed Services
- Amazon Web Services
- Advanced JVM knowledge
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 100% coverage of the employee's health care, vision and dental insurance
- Company contribution towards dependent coverage
- 401k (retirement savings)
- Maternity/paternity leave
- PTO and Company Holidays
- Some pre-tax benefits through the PEO
- Great team of highly qualified and motivated Software Engineers who work with a mutual respect and appreciation, take responsibility and evolve together
- Work on and with Open Source Software
- Joint decisions regarding tools and approaches
- New technologies (Java 8, asynchronous IO, reactive architectures, microservices, etc.) Attend (and organize) internal trainings, workshops, tech talks as well as hackathons, meetups and conferences
AND THERE’S MORE:
- You will be involved in challenging and meaningful projects in a company with over 10 years of history
- You will be working with one of the technology leaders in the growing e-commerce business
- There's long-term and strategic stability by being a 100% subsidiary of REWE Digital (part of the REWE Group)
- We are a growing, international company with offices in Berlin, Munich, London, Amsterdam, Singapore, and Durham
- Modern workplaces and technology (e.g. MacBooks) in bright offices (open-plan spaces as well as conference rooms and smaller rooms for quiet times)
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours
- Collegial, open working atmosphere where your creativity and new ideas are encouraged
- Healthy feedback and error culture and a climate of mutual appreciation and respect
- Free water, coffee, snacks and team lunches!
- Do you have a dog? We're a dog friendly office.
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
At commercetools, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
At commercetools, we hope to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people choose to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing modern principles to ecommerce through both technology and company culture. We know success comes from the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Are you ready? Come grow with us!