commercetools is a next-generation software technology company that offers a true cloud commerce platform, providing the building blocks for the new digital commerce age. Our leading-edge API approach helps retailers create brand value by empowering commerce teams to design unique and engaging digital commerce experiences everywhere – today and in the future. Our agile, componentized architecture improves profitability by significantly reducing development time and resources required to migrate to modern commerce technology and meet new customer demands. It is the perfect starting point for customized microservices.
commercetools just received a 145M investment by Insight Partners. A major part of the investment is growing the North American market, commercetools highest rate of growth market. We will be doubling the employee count in the US over the next 12 months.
- Design and implement Java/Node.js microservices with cutting edge technologies
- Analyze requirements and make technical decisions with the whole team
- Collaborate closely with not only our clients and partners but also our in-house Technical Consultants, Solution Architects and Product Owners
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualification/experience
- Multiple years of experience as a BE Software Engineer
- Understanding of asynchronous/non-blocking programming
- Practical experience in designing and using RESTful APIs (ideally in an eCommerce environment)
- Deeply in love with clean code and high standards for quality assurance such as code review, unit testing, code linting
- Good English to work in an international, cross-functional team
- Interests in learning new technologies and sharing knowledge with a team
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with SCRUM
- Experience with cloud environments (Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with distributed/message-oriented systems
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 100% coverage of the employee's health care, vision, and dental insurance
- Company contribution towards dependent coverage
- 401k (retirement savings)
- Maternity/paternity leave
- PTO and Company Holidays
- Some pre-tax benefits through the PEO
- Great team of highly qualified and motivated Software Engineers who work with mutual respect and appreciation, take responsibility and evolve together
- Work on and with Open Source Software
- Joint decisions regarding tools and approaches
- New technologies (Java 8, asynchronous IO, reactive architectures, microservices, etc.) Attend (and organize) internal training, workshops, tech talks as well as hackathons, meetups and conferences
AND THERE’S MORE:
- You will be involved in challenging and meaningful projects in a company with over 10 years of history
- You will be working with one of the technology leaders in the growing e-commerce business
- There's long-term and strategic stability by being a 100% subsidiary of REWE Digital (part of the REWE Group)
- We are a growing, international company with offices in Berlin, Munich, London, Amsterdam, Singapore, and Durham
- Modern workplaces and technology (e.g. MacBooks) in bright offices (open-plan spaces as well as conference rooms and smaller rooms for quiet times)
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours
- A collegial, open working atmosphere where your creativity and new ideas are encouraged
- Healthy feedback and error culture and a climate of mutual appreciation and respect
- Free water, coffee, snacks, and team lunches!
- Do you have a dog? We're a dog-friendly office.
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
At commercetools, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
At commercetools, we hope to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people choose to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing modern principles to ecommerce through both technology and company culture. We know success comes from the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Are you ready? Come grow with us!