The Developer Apps and Games Services (DAGS) Consumer Marketing team is seeking a dynamic leader to own product marketing strategy for the Amazon Appstore on Amazon.com. In this role, the PMM will collaborate with product/tech, business development and marketing leadership to identify and develop new customer facing features and build go-to-market plans for our product road map. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring new features contribute to third party (3P) app customer engagement and monetization objectives on Amazon.com. The role blends aspects of B2C marketing, product management and developer evangelism and entails a deep understanding of online consumer behavior and passion for creating world class customer experiences.
Our vision is to make discovering 3P video content, apps and games on Amazon.com a fun and seamless experience. The Consumer Marketing team’s charter centers on growing and engaging the daily audience for 3P apps across Fire TV, Fire Tablet and Android Appstores. We dive deep to identify points of friction in our UX by developing user insights and defining new uses cases and experiences to streamline the customer journey. We are committed to continuous innovation which we do through an iterative test and learn approach where we embrace failure as the source of valuable insight and foundational for developing transformative experiences.
As Product Marketing Manager, you will develop data driven insights to conceptualize new product features which enhance the 3P app discovery and subscription on-boarding experience on Amazon.com. The ideal candidate possesses a depth of experience across UX interaction design, performance marketing, business analysis and product development. The successful candidate will establish themselves as a subject matter expert on user behavior trends and leverage insights to influence product road map priorities and business requirements. In this role, they will develop businesses cases, evangelize new concepts and gain alignment from senior leadership within Amazon and externally with our app developer partners. He or she must be comfortable driving high level business decisions, thriving in ambiguous situations, collaborating with others, and building things from scratch.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in digital product management, product marketing, performance marketing or business management
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field
- Experience in using quantitative and analytical skills to generate insights to inform strategy
- Experience with customer segmentation, profiling, and targeting
- Experience influencing others and delivering results cross-functionally across product development, business development, marketing, and finance
- MBA or Master’s degree in relevant field
- Experience with web, mobile and/or TV UX conceptualization and wire framing
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a proven track record for developing a vision, defining a strategy, and building programs and features solving complicated problems with elegant, simple solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us